Greetings my fellow Coders!
- Rewrite of version 1.x/not backwards compatible
- May 2015 Google previewed
- Version 1 debuted in 2009
Why Use It?
- Build complex elegant web or hybrid-mobile apps
- Full-fledged framework as opposed to a small library. Not just the V (View) but also the controller/ViewModel, etc.
- Many improvements over 1.x, lessons learned to carry over best practices
- adheres more to current and future standards
- Web components
- Productivity with more promotion/usage of TypeScript, which aids productivity around
- compile-time checking
- tooling support for classes, interfaces
When not to use it; concerns
- SEO may be more complicated (isomorphic/universal nature tries to address this by rending on the server)
- React may be faster in some scenarios for the view/rendering (Angular 2 is much faster than Angular 1, and close to React with it’s own implementation of the shadow DOM)
- Size/payload may be larger than some other libraries (libraries and modularity still being optimized at the time of this writing)
Let’s go play with some code!